Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Current Obsession

BBC really puts out some great stuff.  I was so sad when I had watched all of "Sherlock" and "Downton Abbey" there was to be had.  

After a generous mourning period for these shows, I discovered a new BBC gem on Netflix, suggested by my dear friend Graceann.  The show is, "Call the Midwife."  It's based off the memoirs of Jenny Worth, a midwife in the slums of London in the 1950's.  Maybe I love it so much because I am slightly baby hungry, or because I am obsessed with the human body, or perhaps it's because I am in love with anything British.  
The show makes you laugh and cry and really makes you grateful for modern-day medicine.  Unfortunately, Netflix only has the first season, and I'm already half way through.  
What's your favorite show on Netflix?  What's your favorite BBC show?  I'm taking applications for new obsessions.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are major psych fans. I know we are late to the party, but it's still good stuff.

    ReplyDelete