Saturday, June 1, 2013

Great Accomplishments

Lately, Mr. Ross has been helping me get into running.  Historically, I hate running so this has been quite the ordeal.  I just find it hard to keep going when I get bored, sound like a dying person taking my last breaths, get gross, and let's just say I'm used to junior high, where running the mile in P.E. was a day of dread.
So true
This meme above perfectly describes me and my husband.  I'm obviously the P.E. kid.  I tried out for the track team for one day in 7th grade.  That turned out to be a big mistake I discovered when we the other kids started mile 2.  Stephen, on the other hand, ran cross country in high school and rocked it/loved it. 

For anyone who feels the same way as I do about running, don't worry, there is hope for you!  
Here are a few things that have really helped me get over my running paralysis.  
  1. Get some goals (time goals work the best for beginners- e.g. 3xs a week for 25 minutes)
  2. Get a running buddy- while Stephen runs usually twice as far as me, we still go running at the same time
  3. If it's in the budget, get a heart rate monitor or a GPS watch and use it!- this has really made a huge difference for me.  I find it easier to run when I have something I can track and compare my workouts with.  It makes running fun!
  4.  Finally, when you have the inner battle of whether to go or not, just do it.  Remember how it makes you feel when you're done.   

    So drum roll for my great accomplishments this week......
    I ran 3.65 miles with my sister Celsea, and. . . . 
    I resisted making dessert all week (if you know me, you know that's a big deal)

    Such a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I love the dog at the end! We totally rocked that run!

    ReplyDelete